November 26, 2021

#217 (continued) Granville Island

“Foodies should also head to Granville Island … and spend the morning at Granville Market, once of North America’s best, brimming with seafood, meats, and wines from the province’s vineyards – the finest British Columbia has to offer. It’s food court reflects the cross-pollination of Canada’s most ethnically diverse city.”

granville market

I’d been putting off the last two items on my list for this trip because the weather had been so miserable, but the heaven’s blessed me with one last glorious weekend.  I’d decided that rain or shine I was going to finish up Granville Island and the Chinese Garden this weekend because the bed in my Airbnb was killing it me.  It was so uncomfortable that I hadn’t really slept and was getting grouchier and grouchier by the day.  So, I decided to leave a week earlier than expected.

granville

But the last Saturday and Sunday….lovely, crisp fall weather, the sun was out, the foliage was beautiful – the perfect weather for my last sight-seeing. Parking at Granville Island is free between 8am – 11am, and again after 6 pm.  Normally, I’d be hard-pressed to make it early in the morning, but I stayed on Texas time and took full advantage of the morning sun.