November 10, 2021

#212 Whistler-Blackcomb Ski Resort

I’m obviously not skiing, and not really doing anything except another hotel splurge in Autumns finest foliage.

“Whistler-Blackcomb boasts more slopeside lodging than any other resort in North America. It’s only ski-in/ski-out property, however, is the swank Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, a friendly, gabled fortress dominating the ski area at the base of Blackcomb Mountain and embodying the style of the grand old Canadian Pacific railroad hotels.”

Whistler3

I thought Whistler was overrated.  It started out with what felt like all of Canada arriving for check-in at the same time. It was mayhem. It also meant that there were people everywhere, lines for valet, lines for self-park, lines to check-in, and even lines for the elevators.  It all felt very crowded and un-COVID-safe.

Whistler 2

To be honest, I didn’t do much the weekend I was there because of the crowds, but I did have a really good sandwich and some really unique ciders at a pub across the street.

Whistler 1

And while I don’t have any pictures of it (‘cause I was driving, in the rain, with the whole of Canada going back to Vancouver) the Sea to Sky Highway is just as beautiful as they say.