November 14, 2023

#222 Mont Tremblant Resort

“…Fairmont Mont Tremblant, located on a crest above the village [is] pleasantly scaled, homey, and harmoniously integrated into its natural setting, the hotel has a feel of a country inn, its north woods decor drawing from the tradition of Quebec’s 19th century Provencal style residences and its lobby warmed by the requisite huge stone fireplace.”

This was a quick one-night stop and it happened to be the day when there was a race the next day (10k, marathon, who knows?) and most of the roads were going to be closed for until noon and some of the roads were closing the night before. I'd had a really long driving day to get there and had just planned to eat dinner at the resort and hang out. As I was checking in the reception desk clerk reminded me that my "welcome" snack package" was waiting in my room. Some days, past Jalaire really comes through in the crunch and makes sure I'm gonna have snacks to watch a movie and relax after a long drive.
Mont Tremblant 1

I headed down to Le Comptoir for dinner and beat the rush enough to be able to chat with the waitress a little bit. I also belong to the Accor loyalty program and you get a free drink coupon with every stay. I'd been lazy and not changed the guests from 2 to 1 and they'd given me 2 drink tickets. The waitress was lovely enough to let me use both. So, I had a delicious pear cocktail to start with the gnocchi primavera and focaccia and the limoncello and pistachio cream with a glass of ice wine for dessert. Delicious!

Mont Tremblant

After dinner, I walked around the resort a little bit, but honestly it was raining. A very, very common experience during the entire time I was in Canada. So, I took a few pictures and went back to my room to eat my snacks and watch a movie. 

In the morning, I ordered room service (it was fine, nothing spectacular) pocketed the mini jams and condiments for future use, and by that time I was headed out.

Mont Tremblant 3