February 15, 2023

#220 The Golden Door

So, this one is a little bit of a cheat. The Golden Door spa takes 40 guests at a time, for a week-long experience costing around $10,000/week. That is....definitely out of my budget. They also make super clear that they do not have day passes and you cannot book one-off services. I'd ruled out crossing this item of The List a long time ago. However, in double checking while preparing for this trip, I noticed they'd opened a Country Store - open to the public. So, yeah, I went to the store and not the spa, but it's my version of The List, so I make the rules and the exceptions.

From their website: 
"Since introducing bio-intensive farming methods to our kitchen garden and groves, we've found ourselves with a bounty beyond our needs. Now we're delighted to share our seasonal, organic, flavorful and nutrient-rich harvests as our way of nurturing community beyond our doors."

I bought an "everything" baguette, some fig salami, a couple of different snacks: mint cookies, sweet potato chips, organic dried pineapple, and some of their newly-introduced spa products. I haven't tried those out, but am excited to. The cashier also threw in some oranges because I mentioned I was at a hotel for a week and he wanted me to have fresh fruit.

Golden Door Country Store